Dates: September 25-26, 2019
Meets: W and Th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Registration Fee: $750.00
Instructor: Stephanie McGovern
Date: September 25-26, 2019
Times: 9:00AM - 4:00PM each day
Location: USD Community College for Sioux Falls
Fee: $750 per person, group discounts available
Description: If you're on track to become a supervisor or have already made that transition, you know it can be challenging. As a supervisor, your role changes from technical or functional expert to delivering results through other people. This of course, brings a whole new set of perplexing situations. Coupled with that, you may now be supervising people who were your peers and need to establish new ways of working together. Luckily there are some basic supervision and management skills that can ease the transition and make you significantly more effective no make how long you have been supervising. You'll leave this course better equipped to meet the challenge of supervising in today's complex and changing workplace.
- Create a positive and productive work climate.
- Apply appropriate leadership strategies based on employee needs.
- Delegate effectively knowing what, how and when to do so.
- Manage the process of day-to-day performance.
- Give feedback and performance review data to reinforce and/or change a behavior.
- Accurately diagnose performance problems.
- Set development goals for continued success.
Who should attend: New or aspiring supervisors and managers who want to build skills to help themselves and their people succeed.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$ 750.00|
|09/25/2019||Wednesday||9 AM to 4 PM ||Science and Technology Building 108 |
|09/26/2019||Thursday||9 AM to 4 PM ||Science and Technology Building 108 |